If you are having Hp LaserJet 1010 and you want to use it on Windows 10/8/8.1, then we will guide you to install Hp laserjet on Windows 10/8/8.1. Basically Hp laserjet 1010 is PCL 5 printer and PCL 5 it is not supported by newer version of Windows. However this is not the end, you can easily install Hp 1010 on Windows 10/8/8.1. Just follow the detailed steps to install Hp 1010 on Windows 10/8/8.1.
How to Install Hp LaserJet 1010 on Windows 10/8/8.1
- Connect your Hp Laserjet 1010 with your PC.
- Open control panel of your PC.
- Now click on View devices and Printers located under to Hardware and Sound.
- Here you will see Hp Laserjet as unspecified device, just ignore it and Click on Add a Printer.
- Now you will see a popup for searching your printer, just click on The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Now you will given several options, Just select last option Add a local printer with manual settings.
- Choose use an existing port and then select DOT_004(HP Print Device) from drop down menu of use an existing port.
- Now Click on Windows Update, wait for few minutes untill you see the list of drivers.
- Once you got list of drivers, from manufacturer’s select HP, donot select any other option, there will be some options named as Hewlett Packard , but you have to select HP.
- In HP’s list, find Hp Laserjet PCL 3050(Microsoft).
- Select it and install it.
- Once the installation is done, you can print a test page from finish popup.
- All done, you have successfully installed Hp laserjet 1010 on Windows 10/8/8.1
- You can also watch video tutorial for further info.